Jennifer performed at my wedding on Feb 13, 2016. She was apart of a big surprise from my Mother and Brother. As a child, after going to Busch Gardens, I thought I would tell my class my Mother is a belly dancer but in fact she is an Educator. So she has promised she would belly dance at my wedding for over 30 years. Thank you Jennifer you and my Mother rocked our reception and looked great! #LiveLaughLamar2016
How To Gauge Who Is a Top Entertainer in Orlando
If you have landed on this page, chances are that you are the type of person who appreciates quality, and would not accept a cheap/ “good enough” party entertainer in Orlando, FL for your event.
I will be honest, I created this page as a response to all of you out there who have not hired a bellydancer before and would like to know how to gauge which bellydancer is of a high caliber in your area. Too often a client will select the first person who has a pretty picture and then after the show, are disappointed at themselves for not having done their homework.
Everyone in my industry knows that the issues of undercutting, one class wonders and etc… are all too true. Here are some easy steps to take before hiring a bellydancer to ensure that you contract the entertainer that will surpass your expectations.
Common Things to Watch Out For Online:
1. “Award-winning dancer”
- Did the belly dancer actually compete in a large-scale competition? That would be good. Or did they win at a simple renaissance fair or school show? That would not be good. Competing against amateurs is not the same as competing with professionals.
- Make sure you know what you are getting when you see the words “award-winning”. Did the dancer win first place in a bellydance competition? This would be good. Or did they win an online poll for “best entertainer” on some gig lead site? That would not be good.
2. Recent Photographs/Video
- Are the pictures and video on the website recent? The person you hire should look and dance the way they look in the video and photograph. Sure, dancers can fluctuate a little, but it is recommended to always request a recent, full-length video to make sure you like the level of dance mastery presented.
- Photoshop…the body and face should not be altered in a manner that misleads clients. A recent video is going to be the best way to ensure you are getting the person you expect the day of your event.
3. Important Points
- Are the bellydancers’ reviews online from actual clients? That would be good. Or are they from their buddy photographer or friends? Don’t fall for staged reviews! You are welcome to request to speak to a previous client that left a review online.
- Ask for the full video! Is there enough footage of actual DANCING ability from the potential performer? Look for a bellydancer with clear video footage that plays continuously from beginning to end. Seeing a video that is edited down to various shots means things are being concealed.
You Get What You Pay For
One of the first questions I am asked over the phone is, “how much does a bellydance show cost?” If you want a top bellydance entertainer in Orlando, FL then yes, it will cost more.
That extra expense will go a long way when it comes to getting a World Champion, internationally renowned, belly dance party entertainment professional vs. a “professional” with less than great dancing or showmanship.
In general, if prices are lower, the video will definitely be the proof to use when comparing dancers. Videos are a bellydancer’s portfolio, so make sure to watch them, compare, and make the best decision.
Your loved ones will be at your event, make sure to impress them. Do not be fooled by pretty girls in sparkly costumes without enough dance training to support their claims.
Charisma + Experience
Let’s be frank…technique and beauty alone does not always equate to an exceptional show. Charisma is the essential magical ingredient that captivates audiences and leaves a positive and memorable impression.
No one wants a gorgeous dancer with a plastered on smile. The audience should feel their soul when the bellydancer performs. The emotional range and depth of the performer are what lead to genuine smiles and “wow” moments.
Experience plays a big part in creating the perfect show. Just like a doctor, lawyer or any other profession, experience matters, and selecting a performer with the vast expertise to ensure that you are stress-free leading up to the party/event and can manipulate the crowd perfectly is the goal.
As a previous event planner, let’s just say you are in the best of hands.