1. I am thankful for the amazing belly dance community I am a part of. I have met some inspiring, classy, and sincere individuals this year and it is a pleasure to be able to call you girls my friends.
2. I am thankful for the ability to finally have incorporated my business. I have been in business 6 years and going strong, and so much more to come in 2012 I can barely contain my excitement.
3. I am thankful for the ability to dance full time and make a living off of my passion for so many years and the fact that my business is growing and growing. There are many great friends of mine who were not so lucky due to the recession.
4. I am thankful for all the wonderful people who believe in me, support me, fans, teachers, mentors, organizers, etc… for giving me the opportunity to teach workshops, perform for beautiful gala events, and share my dance.
5. I am thankful for all the bumps in the road. They make me stronger.I have a tougher skin because of them, and it has helped me realize who I can truly trust, and that hard work pays off.
6. I am thankful for my health. I do not have the most balanced system and can get very sick at times and this year was no different, but I am always grateful that I have never had to experience worse and that thankfully I do have my health.
7. I am thankful for my family and loved ones. We all need those people in our lives who are there for us no matter what and keep us sane. I cannot begin to thank you all enough for your love.
The list can go on and on, but this is a blog not a thesis so I will try to cut it here. It feels like a dream sometimes, all the great moments this year… workshops with my idols, shows across Florida, Jamaica, sewing costumes, magazines, billboards, radio, t.v., I really have much to be thankful for and it can all go away at any moment so I truly from the bottom of my heart will never take it for granted. It is a lot of hard work, and would not be possible without the support of everyone involved. Thank you , gracias, and good night. Now let’s stuff ourselves with turkey!
Photo at top right by: Carrie Mullins LLC.
Photo on left: Enjoying a great night with friends
Like my blog posts? Have something to say? Join my fan page!